Roomie is a universal remote to control your home theater components supporting thousands of devices – often via direct communication over your home network rather than requiring additional hardware. Roomie also provides a Personalized TV Guide, and live feedback for many devices with information like your receiver's volume.
Important: (1) Control of infrared components requires the Roomie Service available in Roomie and an adapter available from the Roomie Store. Many devices are supported via direct control over your network with no adapter. Check the Roomie website for detailed compatibility information. (2) Roomie controls up to 2 devices initially, and can be upgraded via in app purchase. Read more...
Roomie Remote is a Lifestyle application, developed by Cyphersoft, LLC and released last
This application has a content advisory rating of 4+ (Application contains no objectionable material ). This application has an average rating of 4 based on 790 Votes. This version 2.1.0 has an average rating of based on 4 Users.
Your device must have atleast 31.2 MB of space to download and install Roomie Remote. This application does not have game center . Roomie Remote can be downloaded and install for $9.99 only
If you have any problems on in-app purchase, found bugs, questions, comments about this application,
you can visit the official website of Cyphersoft, LLC at http://www.roomieremote.com
• IP Control with Automatic Discovery: World class IP control supports many devices directly via your Wi-Fi network – advanced two-way feedback support with automatic discovery of devices on your network.
• Infrared Control: High-end home theater library supports virtually all components when paired with an infrared adapter.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 160,000 commands for thousands of devices.
• Gesture Remote: No need to look down at your remote, Roomie provides gesture panels preventing accidental commands!
• Virtual Remote: Provides a remote for any supported device, automatically optimizing each remote with all of the commands from your original remote and often more advanced commands including "discrete" power.
• iTunes/Sonos Control: Control your music and video library including Airplay to your Apple TV, play functions, playlist selection, position scrubbing, album art, volume, Sonos Pandora and Radio, and more.
• TV Schedules: Listings for US, UK, Canada, and 31 other countries with personalization and favorites integrating with your devices to tune channels directly.
• Blu-ray Feedback: Provides interactive position scrubbing and elapsed time displays for supported Panasonic, Pioneer, and Oppo players.
• Synchronization: Configuration changes instantly synchronized among all your devices via Wi-Fi.
• Advanced Macros/Automation: Macros for precise control over your systems. Roomie’s macros sequence commands over multiple connection types.
• Customization: Buttons can be created, removed, and customized to your liking.
• Dropbox/iTunes Backup: Backup to Roomie Service, Dropbox, and Roomie Agent for OS X.
• Infrared Learning: New commands can be learned using any supported adapter.
• Serial(RS-232) Support: Rock solid serial support when combined with a Serial adapter.
• IP Receivers: Unlike traditional IR solutions, Roomie displays your volume, power, and many other aspects of your system. Song, album art, integration with receiver iPod and streaming services are also provided. (See Roomie website for supported models.)
• IP Media Players: Integrates TiVo, Roku, Sonos, Kaleidescape, VLC, XBMC, and a growing list of devices including DirecTV with live channel info. Roomie even provides keyboard support in most cases and graphical channel integration for Roku and WD TV.
• IP TV/Projectors: Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, and many more.
• IP Lighting: Philips Hue, Insteon, Lutron Radio RA 2, and Vera control.
• IP Cameras: Live stream Logitech Alert, Foscam, many other RTSP cameras.
In App Purchases
• Home Theater Pack: Upgrade to support unlimited devices in unlimited rooms from its initial support for up to 2 devices in 1 room.
• Roomie Service Subscription: Upgrade to control infrared devices. Expands the TV Guide to a full two weeks of live schedules. Provides Media Guides for Sonos, iTunes, Kaleidescape, XBMC, VLC. Full screen guide expansion. Add Clocks, Alarms, and iBeacon Proximity Automation.
• Agent Management Pack: Synchronization/Backup via Roomie Agent, a separate product. Control OS X including app launching, screen viewing, mouse control, and more.
What's New on this version 2.1.0
• Activity Modes: Activities may now toggle between modes. Commands may be set to conditionally require an Activity is in a particular mode allowing new configurations such as a projector/TV room mode, or sound/no sound mode.
• Mapped Remotes: Total control over button layout and customization is now provided. Original Remotes may also now be customized. Custom Mapped Remotes may be designed with examples and templates provided in the Roomie DDK.
• Planed Guide: The Guide now smoothly pans across the entire two weeks (if applicable) of guide content no longer stopping to reload at each day part break.
• iOS 7 Game Controllers: Controllers such as the Logitech Powershell, and Moga Ace Power now automatically map to appropriate Virtual Remote buttons.
• 64-bit Native: Roomie now runs natively on the latest iOS devices.
New Features with Roomie Service:
• Kaleidescape Media Guide: A Media Guide for browsing movies on Kaleidescape systems is now provided.
• iBeacon Proximity Automation: Turn any Roomie into a Room iBeacon causing any other nearby Roomie to switch to that room. Detect any nearby Roomie to execute Activities based on proximity.
• Clocks: A time display suitable for wall clock style usage is now available as a component of Virtual Remotes.
• Alarms: Integrated with the Clock, alarms may now be configured to play and execute Roomie commands such as starting an Activity or sending commands to your devices.
• Backup/Restore: One click backup and restore via the Roomie Service.
• Season/Episode Guide: TV Shows now provide navigation of entire seasons and individual episodes.
• Enhanced Media Guide: All Media Guides including iTunes, Sonos, XBMC, VLC, and now Kaleidescape have been greatly enhanced.
• iTunes Radio: The iTunes Media Guide now supports iTunes Radio.
• Foscam IP Cameras: Added support for Foscam’s H.264 IP cameras with pan/tilt/zoom control.
• Plex Home Theater: The new release of Plex is now auto-detected and controlled.
• McIntosh MX151: Added feedback via Serial.
• Belkin Insight Switches: Insight switches are now auto-discovered like WeMo switches.
• Custom room icons may now be added.
• iTunes chapter display and selection is now provided.
• iTunes linked to Apple TVs may now be selected from any room.
• System Off activities may now set a Remote Design to enable idle displays like a camera or time.
• Additional Directional Pads may now be added to Virtual Remotes.
• XBMC content may now be queued.
• Added Original Remotes for Xfinity X1 and newer Samsung TV models.
• Improved auto-detection for the latest Yamaha receivers, DirecTV, and Samsung TVs.
• Added dynamic selection of Kaleidescape Premiere players.
• Belkin WeMo control is now more resilient.
• Sonos Groups now provide group muting.
• Authentication supported for RTSP cameras.
• Live cameras now switch between HD and SD resolution if the camera supports it.
• Tapping IP/Port for a Manual IP device allows changing the IP/Port.
• AppleScripts may now be executed via Roomie Agent.
• Remote Designs may force Portrait orientation.
• Recover gracefully from full reset of a Philips Hue bridge.
• Fixed issues with .AIRPLAY SET commands.
• Fixed issues with some XBMC album art and very large XBMC libraries.
• Fixed issues with grouping some Sonos speakers.
• Fixed feedback with multiple lighting systems on one Remote Design.
• Yamaha Receiver Server and Net Radio inputs now have feedback.
• Fixed issues with Sony TV Registration.
Configurations are updated by this version. All Roomies sharing a configuration should be upgraded to this release. Systems running iOS 5 may continue running Roomie 1.9.3. However, Wi-Fi Synchronization should be disabled on older Roomie versions.
Scan to download
- English, American