• IP Control with Automatic Discovery: World class IP control supports many devices directly via your Wi-Fi network – advanced two-way feedback support with automatic discovery of devices on your network.
• Infrared Control: High-end home theater library supports virtually all components when paired with an infrared adapter.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 160,000 commands for thousands of devices.
• Gesture Remote: No need to look down at your remote, Roomie provides gesture panels preventing accidental commands!
• Virtual Remote: Provides a remote for any supported device, automatically optimizing each remote with all of the commands from your original remote and often more advanced commands including "discrete" power.
• iTunes/Sonos Control: Control your music and video library including Airplay to your Apple TV, play functions, playlist selection, position scrubbing, album art, volume, Sonos services, and more.
• IP Media Players: Integrates DISH, TiVo, Sonos, Kaleidescape, Roku, XBMC, DirecTV, VLC, and a growing list of devices with live channel info. Roomie even provides keyboard support in most cases and graphical channel integration for Roku and WD TV.
• TV Schedules: Listings for US, UK, Canada, and 31 other countries with personalization and favorites integrating with your devices to tune channels directly.
• Blu-ray Feedback: Provides interactive position scrubbing and elapsed time displays for supported Panasonic, Pioneer, and Oppo players.
• Synchronization: Configuration changes instantly synchronized among all your devices via Wi-Fi.
• Advanced Macros/Automation: Macros for precise control over your systems. Roomie’s macros sequence commands over multiple connection types.
• Customization: Buttons can be created, removed, and customized to your liking.
• Backup/Restore: Backup to Roomie Service, Dropbox, and Roomie Agent for OS X.
• Infrared Learning: New commands can be learned using any supported adapter.
• Serial(RS-232) Support: Rock solid serial support when combined with a Serial adapter.
• IP Receivers: Unlike traditional IR solutions, Roomie displays your volume, power, and many other aspects of your system. Song, album art, integration with receiver iPod and streaming services are also provided. (See Roomie website for supported models.)
• IP TV/Projectors: Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, and many more.
• IP Lighting: Philips Hue, WeMo, Insteon, Lutron Radio RA 2, and Vera control.
• IP Cameras: Live stream Logitech Alert, Foscam, and other RTSP cameras.
In App Purchases
• Home Theater Pack: Upgrade to support unlimited devices in unlimited rooms from its initial support for up to 2 devices in 1 room.
• Roomie Service Subscription: Upgrade to control infrared devices. Expand to 2 weeks of guide listings. Media/DVR Guides for Sonos, iTunes, TiVo, DISH, XBMC, Kaleidescape, VLC. Full screen guide expansion. Add Clocks, Alarms, and iBeacon Proximity Automation. Renews via iTunes Account at 1($1.99), 6($9.99), or 12($16.99) month intervals unless auto-renew is disabled 24 hours before end of period.
• Agent Management Pack: Synchronization/Backup via Roomie Agent, a separate product. Control OS X including app launching, screen viewing, mouse control, and more.
What's New on this version 2.4.1
• TiVo Program Control: Deep integration with TiVo Roamio/Premiere is now provided including the status of the current program and the ability to set the position in the live TV buffer or recording.
• DISH Progress Control: Hopper/Joey now provide program position displays during recordings and live programs and allow scrubbing to new positions.
• Chromecast Power: Control your Chromecast to power on HDMI CEC compatible televisions.
New Features with Roomie Service:
• TiVo DVR Guide: All Now Playing programs on Roamio/Premiere models are organized for playback from the Media Guide.
• DISH PrimeTime AnyTime: Programs recorded via PrimeTime AnyTime may now be played from their own Media Guide.
• DISH DVR Folders: All DVR programs are now organized by show.
• DISH AutoHop and Resume: DISH is now significantly more awesome with the ability to enable/disable AutoHop and resume or start from the beginning of a recorded program.
• Sonos Source Commands: Many sources including Spotify, Amazon, Rhapsody, and other previously unsupported Sonos sources are now supported via a new command that recognizes services or tracks tuned on your Sonos systems to enable tuning the same stream or track on demand.
• Samsung 2014 Allshare TVs: Added volume feedback and DLNA control for Samsung 2014 TV models. Note that generic remote commands are not part of DLNA. This feedback is also provided for some 2013 models.
• Sony 2014 Receivers: Added discovery and feedback for Sony STR-DN1050/1040 CIS-compatible receivers.
• Synchronization Optimizations: Activity and configuration updates over Wi-Fi are much faster. These improvements require all synchronized Roomie devices are running at least this 2.4+ version and/or Roomie Agent 1.4+.
• iOS 7 Background Refresh: Roomie will now be periodically updated on iOS 7 even if it is not the current app.
• Always Scan: An option to Always Scan for devices has been added. This requires slightly more CPU time, but enables immediate detection of IP Address changes, port changes, and some lighting Manifest changes.
• iBeacon Distance: Threshold in meters for iBeacon proximity detection is now configurable.
• Sonos Groups on Command: .SOURCE SET command now allows selecting a Sonos device master for each of your Sonos devices thus allowing assembly of pre-determined Sonos groups by command.
• Agent Unicast: Commands sent to Roomie Agent are now unicast to allow transmission over VPNs.
• Fixed issue that caused DISH to degrade to low-quality version of a channel in some cases when tuning from the guide.
• Fixed issue that could cause loss of control over long periods of time for some HTTP devices.
• Fixed issue with RTSP authenticated cameras.
• Fixed incorrect iTunes album art in some cases.
• Fixed channel bar fade issue after certain types of drag.
• Fixed issue that caused some programs not to open in the guide.
• Fixed issues with 24 hour international time formats for Alarms and Clock displays.
• Improved handling for Philips Hue bridge resets.
• Various channel logo improvements particularly for DISH.
• Improved placeholder and help for +WAKE ON LAN commands.
• Automatic room switching tuning improvements for iBeacons to avoid unintended room switches.
• Fixed memory issue with live camera displays that would generally take many days to cause a problem.
• Automatic device detection is now faster and much more responsive for all devices.
• Fixed auto-discovery for Sharp TVs.
• Fixes for other observed field issues.