Winner of the 2015 CEA Home Technology App of the Year Award!
• IP Control + Auto-Discovery: World class control directly via Wi-Fi for thousands of devices including AppleTV, Fire TV, DISH, Sonos, TiVo, Nest, Kodi, Plex, DirecTV, Roku – automatically discovered on your network.
• Gesture Remote: Intuitive gestures let you control your remote without looking down.
• Virtual Remote: A single remote for all of your devices, automatically optimized with all commands from your original remotes and additional commands to make everything work together.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 240,000 commands for IP, Infrared, and even Serial devices.
• iTunes: Includes Airplay control, position scrubbing, album art, volume, and more.
• Sonos: Runs your entire Sonos system. Group/regroup speakers, setup automatic regroupings and control Sonos services.
• Synchronization: Run on as many iPhones/iPads as you like – your configuration will automatically sync in real time.
• Macros+Automation: Sequence precise control over your devices.
• Customization: Remotes can be customized with your own buttons, graphics, and commands.
• IP Receivers: Displays volume, power, and many other aspects of popular receivers from Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, and more. Integration with receiver streaming services.
• IP TV/Projectors: Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG.
• IP Lighting, Thermostats, Cameras: Hue, Insteon, Lutron Radio RA 2, Vera, SmartThings, WeMo, Nest, Dropcam, Logitech, Foscam, and any RTSP camera.
Choose a Simple Service subscription level based on number of devices controlled:
3 Devices — Control up to 3 devices: $1.99/month or $19.99/year
20 Devices – Control up to 20 devices: $2.99/month or $29.99/year
100 Devices – Control up to 100 devices: $4.99/month or $49.99/year
Subscriptions renew via iTunes Account at the selected interval unless auto-renew is disabled 24 hours before end of period. All subscriptions include:
• TV Guides: Personalized listings for 34 countries integrated with your set top to tune channels. Detailed episode, season, and cast information.
• Media Guides: Content guides for Sonos, iTunes, Apple TV, VLC, Kodi, Plex, Kaleidescape
• DVR Guides: DVR control for DISH, TiVo, and DirecTV
• Simple Control for Apple watchOS 2
• Simple Control Widget
• Backup/Restore to Simple Service, Dropbox, or Simple Sync/Hub
• iBeacon Proximity Actions and Room Detection
• Clocks and Time/Timer based activity execution
• One-Click Backup
Requires separate Simple Sync or Simple Hub purchase:
• Simple Sync Control of Mac OS X
• Remote Access
Simple Control includes Room Detection features that optionally allow location updates in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
All in-app purchases from prior releases of the software function as originally defined.
What's New on this version 4.0.5
* Fixes to DISH Joey feedback.
* Fixed movement of Activities and Rooms to be more accurate.
* Fixed auto-detection of Virgin Media TiVo units.
* Brightness is restored before exiting the app.
* Roku 4 channel guide support.
* iPad Pro screen size support.
* Additional fixes.
Roomie Remote is now Simple Control!
New Features with Simple Service or Roomie Service:
* watchOS 2 App: Completely reimagined, Simple Control for Apple Watch is a major leap forward for ease of use and quick accessibility for AV Control and Automation (watchOS 2 is required.) Among many new features,the Digital Crown can now be used to control volume.
* Notification Center: The core of the current Virtual Remote is now provided in the iOS Notification Center including the Top Bar, Directional Pad, and a subset of the Play Pad.
* DirecTV DVR Folders: DVR recordings are now organized by program.
* Dropcam Images: Display refreshable still images for all Dropcams.
* Secure Pairing: When paired with Simple Sync (formerly Roomie Agent), configuration synchronization is now secured with explicit approval for new members from existing unlocked members.
New Features with Simple Service:
* Remote Access: All Commands, Activities, and even Feedback to and from your devices now works remotely outside your local network when securely paired with Simple Sync.
* iPad Multitasking: Many iOS 9 enhancements including support for iPad Multitasking. Resize automatically to occupy only part of your screen on supported iOS devices.
* Spotlight: Activities are now indexed on your device allowing search and Activity execution from the iOS search page on iOS 9.
* Sonos Favorites: Now accessible via the Sonos Media Guide.
* Dropbox Link: Simple Control now requests only enough permission to access a dedicated app folder located in your Dropbox at Apps > Simple Control. Because older versions requested full access to the Dropbox before Dropbox allowed constrained access, your configuration must be moved to the new location either manually or by making a new Backup. Any link to Dropbox from a prior release must be re-established.
* Plex Pass Compatibility: Latest version of Plex requiring authentication is now supported.
* WeMo Discovery: Belkin WeMo devices updated to the latest firmware are now auto-discovered.
* Full Screen Remote Designs: Editor now provides the ability to customize the entire screen with Mapped Remotes and custom buttons on iPad screens.
* TiVo Multiple Connections: The old TiVo protocol is no longer used with Roamio/Premiere models thus enabling multiple simultaneous connections.
* DIAL Launching: Apps on many TVs and Media Players may now be launched using the DIAL protocol via the +DIAL APP LAUNCH command.
All devices must be upgraded to Simple Control. Roomie Agent must be upgraded to Simple Sync for synchronization. Simple Sync is a free upgrade for existing Roomie Agent customers.
Purchases from prior releases are unchanged and act exactly as originally defined. The new Simple Service provides all of the functionality of the old Roomie Service and 10 Device Packs in one. Using the Restore Purchases button inside the app ensures that any prior purchases are properly reflected.